Rose and Ben FAQs
More About Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes
Where are your brushes manufactured?
The Rose and Ben Beauty brushes are produced in a fully-owned facility in Tianjin and Jinghai, China.
How are your brushes responsibly manufactured in China?
Rose and Ben Beauty is committed to having a safer and cleaner manufacturing processes. The facility that manufactures our beauty brushes has complete control over the entire process from research & development to production.
The Manufacturing Commitment:
- 100% fully-owned manufacturing -- no third party ownership
- 100% closed-loop fully integrated manufacturing
- 20% reduction landfill waste and carbon footprint
- 50% recycled water treated and released with a PH6 level
- 80% improved electrical efficiency with LED lighting
What does it mean to have full control over your supply chain?Rose and Ben Beauty brushes are manufactured in a fully owned manufacturing facility. The company has complete control over the supply chain and process — from concept to in your hand. We stand behind our promise that Rose and Ben Beauty brushes are made using the only highest-quality materials. Each brush is hand-crafted by skilled brush artisans that use traditional brush making methods.
How do I know that the manufacturing facility is socially responsible?The Rose and Ben Beauty brush manufacturing facility employs more than 500 employees globally. The corporate culture is not only dedicated to improving the lives of their employees, but they also are dedicated to giving back to communities domestically and internationally.
How do I know that the manufacturing facility is really environmentally responsible?Nothing worthwhile is every easy! Everyday, we are dedicated to fostering better-for-the-environment solutions that produce less waste and less of an impact on our planet. Having a private manufacturing facility means that we can focus on leading the industry in safer, cleaner production. This facility boasts clean water practices, a 20% reduction in scrap material, and reducing our carbon footprint by one third. Everyday we can make an impact by standing by our responsibilities to creating a cleaner and healthier planet.
Are Rose and Ben Beauty products cruelty-free?Yes! All of our brush fibers are PETA-certified and cruelty-free. The brush head, ferrule and handles are manufactured under strict guidelines. We do not test nor experiment on animals.
What are the fibers made from?The brush fibers are made of synthetic, man-made fiber and are cruelty-free. The fibers are extruded from Polybutylene Terephthalate (PBT) at a proprietary blend of diameters and tip lengths that create the ideal application. Brush fibers are not produced from any animal and are never tested on animals.
Is the packaging eco-friendly?Yes! Each brush is packed in FSC-certified packaging. This means for every tree harvested to make handles and paper, a new tree is planted in its place. Our non-toxic plant based packaging peanuts are certified compostable, static free, and dissolve in water.
How to Care for Your Rose and Ben Beauty Brushes
How do I clean my brushes?
For makeup and skincare enthusiasts alike, having clean and well-maintained brushes ensures streak-free and flawless application of your favorite products. There are several reasons why cleaning your brushes weekly and monthly can have great benefits:
- When brushes are not washed often, they collect and grow bacteria, which can easily transfer to your face and makeup products. This can lead to breakouts and skin irritation.
- Clean brushes perform better. The less buildup your brush bristles have, the better your makeup will look.
- Your brushes are an investment. Maintaining your brushes will make them last longer.
If you are scratching your head right now because you aren’t sure how to clean your brushes — no worries! We have a simple daily, weekly, and monthly routine designed to keep your brushes soft, clean, and conditioned, plus some tips and tricks for makeup artists and estheticians.
TOP BRUSH CARE TIPS:
Do not submerge your brushes in water. This can weaken the glue in the ferrule that holds the bristles together.
- Do not use alcohol or alcohol-based cleaners to clean your brushes unless you are a professional makeup artist and must do so while in between clients. Alcohol can destroy your brushes if used incorrectly, especially if brushes are dipped directly into it. If alcohol travels to the glue in the ferrule, it can cause the bristles to fall out. Alcohol “eats” the vegan glue used in many brushes, including Rose and Ben Beauty brushes. For personal use, we strongly recommend avoiding alcohol-based cleaners. For professionals who must use alcohol to clean brushes between clients, please see our Pro Cleaning Tips below.
- For washing away tough stains and heavy cream/liquid product buildup, add a dime-sized amount of dish soap directly to the brush head and work it into the bristles using your hands or brush cleaning pad without any water. Then, rinse and repeat as needed.
- If your brush head is slightly misshaped upon delivery, it can be easily fixed. The brush head will return to its original head shape by washing and reshaping the brush head using your hands after it’s rinsed clean & laying the brush flat to dry.
PRO CLEANING TIPS FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS & BEAUTY PROFESSIONALS:
For makeup artists who need to use alcohol-based cleaning methods to disinfect brushes between clients, we recommend taking the following steps:
- While holding your brushes so the brush head is downwards, spray the brush head with your alcohol-based cleaner to fully saturate the brush head. Flip the brush over to coat all sides evenly at once.
- Then, immediately wipe your brush head using gentle back-and-forth motions onto an old towel or paper towel.
- Repeat until your bristles stop depositing buildup onto your towel – this indicates your brush is adequately cleaned for your next client.
- Lightly squeeze your brush head with a clean towel area, then reshape and lay flat to dry. This will help speed up the drying process so that the brush is ready for your next client.
- Do not use it on your next client until the brush is fully dry.
- After you finish your work for the day, wash any brushes you used with alcohol ASAP using gentle soap and water to ensure traces of alcohol are removed ASAP.
MAKE IT LAST
- Use a mild soap, shampoo, or brush cleaner.
- Add the brush cleaner directly to the brush head.
- Without adding any water, work the brush cleaner into the brush fibers.
- For faster deep cleaning, use a silicone brush cleaning pad.
- Rinse thoroughly with water.
- Squeeze excess water from fibers and gently reshape brush head.
- Lay flat to dry.
Are the brushes soft?
- Brush fibers are very soft and are designed for optimal product pick-up and application.
Do the brushes irritate the skin?
- The brush fibers are fully synthetic and should not irritate your skin. However, if irritation occurs, please discontinue use and consult your doctor or dermatologist.
Do the brushes shed?
- Since the brush fibers are synthetic and made using the highest level of care, shedding should be minimal.
What are the handles made of?
- Our brush handles are made from FSC-certified wood. This means for every tree harvested to make paper, a new tree is planted in its place. Due to natural patterns and variations within the wood, each handle is unique.
Do the fibers stain?
- Use of products that are highly pigmented, and/or are acid/oil-based formulas may cause staining of brush fibers, handle, and ferrule.
- We highly recommend cleaning your brushes after each use per our Make It Last instruction, which you can find outlined on each product page.
- We recommend cleaning your brushes at least every 1-2 weeks to keep them in the best condition possible and free of permanent stains.
What is the lifespan of a Rose and Ben brush?
- Rose and Ben Beauty brushes are crafted using the highest-quality materials and methods. Depending on usage and your brush care routine, the Rose and Ben Beauty brushes can last up to two years or longer.
Orders & Payments
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
- First Class (USPS) typically arrive within 3-5 business days. Shipping dates are provided by the mail carrier and are not guaranteed.
- International delivery times vary and can take up to or more than 21 business days.
- UPS Overnight orders placed before 3:30 pm EST arrive the next business day. Please note, that overnight shipping is not part of the free shipping policy. UPS will not ship to a P.O BOX. All orders placed after 3:30 pm on a Friday will ship the following business day. This shipping option excludes Saturday delivery. For possible Saturday delivery, please contact customer service at email@example.com before placing your order.
What does "presale" mean?
- Presale refers to the ability to order and “reserve” an item that is out of stock but is on its way to our warehouse. If you have purchased an item or items containing “presale” in the product title, your order will not ship until the presale item is back in stock. You can check estimated back-in-stock date on the product page. Presale items will not be shipped separately. Please note that the arrival of preorder items to our warehouse depends on many factors, and the shipping dates are subject to change. Any order containing a PRESALE product will not be eligible for expedited domestic or international shipping.
What do I do if an item is out of stock?
- If an item you wish to purchase is out of stock, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our waitlist. Once the item is restocked, you will be among the first to know!
How do I know if my order was placed successfully?
- Upon placing your order, you will receive a confirmation email with an order number. If you do not a see your confirmation email, please check your spam or junk folders. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of placing your order, please email email@example.com.
What type of payment methods do you accept?
- Rose and Ben Beauty accepts all major credit cards – VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, and PayPal. Additionally, Rose and Ben Beauty accepts Apple Pay, Google Pay, Facebook Pay, and Shopify Pay (Shop Pay).
What happens if my payment is declined?
- If your payment is declined, please double check your card information and try resubmitting. If your payment is declined again, please contact your credit card provider.
- If your Shop Pay transaction is not approved, then check you email inbox for an email from Affirm. This email outlines more information about your application.
Who do I contact about a refund?
- Rose and Ben Beauty is commitment to providing you with the best customer service. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, we do offer a 30-day return policy, where you can either exchange or receive a full refund.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 30-days of receiving your brushes for an authorization number. We will process your request and send you a pre-paid shipping label for your return or exchange. Any product sent back to us without prior authorization will not be accepted. Refunds may take up to 10 business days after receiving the returned item.
- Please note shipping fees are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Contacting Rose and Ben Beauty
How can I contact the Rose and Ben Beauty team?
- We love hearing from you! If you have any questions, feedback or even complaints, please reach out to our experts at email@example.com. You will receive a response within 2 business days.
Who can I contact for product advice?
- We live and breathe our products and are more than happy to answer your questions regarding our makeup brushes. Email our experts at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within 2 business days.